Tuesday 23 July 2013

Reflections








The other day I had to drop my brother off for his soccer game the other day, and with an hour or two to kill I went for a walk. And what a walk!
This is the Cooks River, a river that runs throughout Sydney, notorious throughout my childhood environmental studies as a breeding ground of pollution and dumping. Basically it was disgusting. As much as a love waterways, rivers and beach fronts, I'd learnt to avoid the parks and reserves that fronted the river but for the first time in so long, the river was beautiful.
The water was still, allowing for reflections of all sorts to show upon the river. Massively trippy.

So get out there and discover whats around you! Maybe even rediscover something you once overlooked and try to see the beauty in it all.
Easy as a walk in the park. Literally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment